‘STUDY FEST’ MARATHON AHEAD OF STATE EXAMS
Junior Cert and Leaving Cert students finish school a week earlier than all other students- don’t waste this time at home, distracted; come to DSA and make the most of your study in the last few days before exams begin! By attending our study you will stay in a routine of getting up early and working the same hours as a school day; therefore staying on track for your upcoming exam days.
Supervised study will run ahead of the State Exams 2020 for 9 full days from Monday May 25th to Tuesday June 2nd including Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday, 9:30am- 4:45pm daily.
- Study will be supervised at all times by fully qualified teachers.
- No distractions- structured sessions, highly study focused.
- Study timetable for the period and study tips given to all students.
- Extensive shelves of exam resources & study aids for both Junior & Leaving Cert students including stationary, record cards, whiteboards, exam papers in all subjects, dictionaries, textbooks, revision books in all subjects, study skills books and study planners and more.
- Study Skills ‘Walk-In Clinic’ for all attendees.
- Spot prizes over the 9 days.
- Study Ipads available for students.
- Single desks for students.
- No mobile phones- phones MUST be placed in a holding area during all sessions. If not, parents will be notified.
- Absentee text service.
- Student tea room.
- Teachers on site to help where possible.
- Students individually monitored by supervisors and parents informed on students focus/ concentration where needed.
Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided during break times. There will be a 30-minute break at 11am, a one hour break at 1pm and 15 minutes at 3:30pm. A microwave and toaster are available for students who wish to bring their own lunch or alternatively they can go out for lunch.
Study Sessions: 9.30-11am, 11.30-1pm, 2-3.30pm, 3:45-4:45pm.
Breaks: 11-11.30am, 1-2pm, 3.30-3:45pm.
Fees are due upfront to secure your spot- places are not reserved until fully paid for. Fees are non- refundable and non- transferable.
The Benefits of Supervised Study at Dundalk Study Academy
✓ Students are in a comfortable, welcoming environment that is solely focused on maximising study; we will ensure that there is no noise, no distractions and no messing.
✓ Mobile phones are not allowed during study sessions. Students must place their phone in a holding area during the sessions so they have no temptations.
✓ Students get into a routine of study early on in the year and the pressure and stress of studying last minute is eliminated.
✓ Students are supervised by fully qualified, Garda vetted teachers on site, who are there to help.
✓ Students have access to an extensive range of study resources including stationary, exam papers in all subjects, textbooks, study guides and iPads.
✓ There is access to tea and coffee at breaks where students can discuss their study techniques, learn from each other and meet new friends.
✓ We keep in close contact with parents and update them on their son/daughter’s progress. We also have an absentee text service available.
✓ Students are surrounded by like-minded people who have a desire to do well in their exams and they encourage each other to work hard.
✓ Students can get their hard work out of the way and enjoy the rest of their time off guilt free!
NOTHING BEATS THE FEELING OF DOING WELL IN YOUR EXAMS , CONFIDENT IN THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE WORKED HARD THROUGHOUT THE YEAR!